The Google Ads certification is a professional accreditation that Google offers to individuals who demonstrate proficiency in basic and advanced aspects of Google Ads. A Google Ads certification allows individuals to demonstrate that Google recognizes them as an expert in online advertising. You can earn the certification through Skillshop, Google’s online training program. Learn more about Skillshop hereThis article explains the benefits of getting certified, how to get certified, and how to communicate your certification status with others.
Before you begin
If you don’t have a Skillshop account, you need to do so to access the Google Ads assessments that are required to become certified. Find out how to set up your Skillshop account.
- Demonstrate your expertise. Show current and prospective clients that you’re a certified online advertising professional with a personalized certificate that you can print.
- Help your company earn the Google Partner or Premier Google Partner badge. To earn either badge, companies need at least one of their affiliated members to be Google Ads certified, in addition to other requirements. Learn more about the requirements to earn the Partner badge.
How the Google Ads certification works
When you set up a Skillshop account, you’ll get access to the free Google Ads certification assessments and related learning paths that you can use to study for the assessments.
To become Google Ads certified in a Google Ads product area, you need to pass the product area assessment that is available through Skillshop. The certifications are available for the following Google Ads product areas: Google Ads Search, Google Ads Display, Google Ads Video, and Shopping ads.
About the Google Ads certifications
|Google Ads Search Certification||Demonstrate your mastery of building and optimizing Google Search campaigns. Certified users will exhibit the ability to leverage automated solutions like Smart Bidding and Audience Solutions to boost campaign performance for specific marketing objectives.|
|Google Ads Display Certification||Validate your expertise using Google Display to deliver results that get the most from your display advertising investment. Certified users will demonstrate their ability to develop effective Display strategies and campaigns that achieve specific marketing goals.|
|Google Ads Video Certification||Showcase your ability to get results from YouTube and Google Video advertising solutions. Certified users will demonstrate an understanding of how to tell effective stories on YouTube to reach potential customers along the entire purchase journey at scale.|
|Shopping ads Certification||Validate your proficiency with using and optimizing Shopping ads. Certified users will also demonstrate knowledge of how to create and optimize Shopping campaigns that maximize reach and conversions.|
The Google Ads certifications are available in 22 languages.
Available languages: Czech, simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, Dutch, English (UK), English (US), French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Spanish (Latin America), Thai, Turkish, and Vietnamese
Preparing for the Google Ads certifications
We recommend that you have on-the-job experience using Google Ads. You should be familiar with online advertising concepts and best practices, and should have experience managing different types of Google Ads campaigns.
You can also prepare by accessing courses in Skillshop.
Assessment passing scores and time limits
You will need to have a score of 80% or greater on the certification assessment. You will have 75 minutes to take an assessment. If you don’t pass an assessment, you can retake it 1 day later.
There’s a timer that will start to count down when you begin the assessment. You won’t be able to pause the timer once it starts. If you leave the assessment — for example, if you close your browser or your computer shuts down — the timer will immediately expire. You’ll have to wait 1 day to take the assessment again.
How to stay certified
Your Google Ads certification will remain valid until the product area certification expires. The certifications are valid for 1 year. You’ll need to retake and pass the certification assessment in the respective product area to renew your certification.
Guidelines for communicating your certification status
Your Google Ads certification demonstrate that you’re a certified online advertising professional. Here’s what you can say to current and prospective clients about this recognition:
- Your Google Ads certification recognizes that you’re a certified online advertising professional.
- You received this accreditation after successfully passing the Google Ads certification assessment administered by Skillshop.
Here’s an example of what you can say about your certification status:
“Google has recognized me as a Google Ads certified professional, meaning that I’ve passed multiple assessments that assess my product expertise. I’m qualified to help you grow your business on the web using Google Ads.”
Here are some additional guidelines about communicating your certification:
- You may only refer to yourself as certified if you, personally, have passed the certification assessments. It’s not enough for a co-worker to be certified or for your agency to be badged.
- You can refer to yourself as “certified” as long as your certification remains in effect. After the expiration date, you won’t be able to refer to yourself as “certified” until you pass the assessments again.
- You’re allowed to mention your certification on your resume, business cards, LinkedIn profile, and other social media profiles. Keep in mind that Google Partners logos can only be used in accordance with our usage guidelines.
Common questions about certifications
The difference between Google Ads certifications and the Partner badge
- Individuals get certified. Any member of Partners can earn a Google Ads certification. As a certified professional, you can demonstrate your achievement with a personalized certificate issued by Google.
- Agencies get badged and earn specializations. A company that meets the requirements for Partner status will earn the Google Partner or Premier Google Partner badge and be allowed to promote itself as a “Google Partner.” Note that an agency doesn’t become a “Google Partner” simply by joining the program.
Source : Google Ads Help